Simple Dutch Apple PieFrom prancer 10 years ago
- 3 c. of tart apples, peeled and sliced (I use Granny Smith) shopping list
- 3/4 c. of butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1/2 c. of quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 2 c. of flour shopping list
- 1 c. of brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2/3 c. of sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp. of cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/4 c. of water shopping list
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to add flour, brown sugar, butter and the oats.
- You will want to save 1 c. aside for topping.
- Now you need to use your fingers to press crumb mixture into a pie shell.
- Next you want to take a pan and add sugar, cornstarch, and the water and bring to a boil.
- Now let this cook for about 1 min(stir). Let this thicken.
- The next you do is to reomove flame and add in the apples ad vanilla.
- Next you can pour the apple mixture into your crust.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture you set aside.
- Now bake at 350 degrees for approx. 45 min.
- Let crust get golden.
- Serve hot or cold.
The Cookprancer Berkeley, CA
The Rating2 people
I made this pie the other day and it turned out soooooo yummy! I will definately be keeping this recipe. My whole family loved it. The only thing i added that wasn't in the recipe was a little cinnamon. Thanks a lot! :)wendycooks in Houston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!