Bread And Butter PicklesFrom lishakay 5 years ago
- • 3 dozen canning/salad cucumbers shopping list
- • 4 quart size canning jars, lids, and bands shopping list
- • 3 vidalia onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- • 4 cups sugar shopping list
- • 4 cups apple cider vinegar shopping list
- • 1/3 cup canning and pickling salt shopping list
- • 2 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- • 2 tsp celery seed shopping list
- • 2 tsp mustard seed shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Remove and discard the stem end of each cucumber. Cut cucumbers into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 2. Sterilize jars, lids, and bands just before using for 10 minutes in simmering water or in the dishwasher.
- 3. Tightly pack cucumber and onion slices in jars to fill completely.
- 4. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and vinegar; cook, stirring frequently, over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 5. Add canning and pickling salt, turmeric, celery seed, and mustard seed. Stir until well blended.
- 6. Pour just enough vinegar mixture into jars to completely cover the cucumber and onion slices. Seal jars with lids and bands, and refrigerate at least 24 hours and up to 6 months.
The Cooklishakay Belton, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!