Love MusselsFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped shopping list
- 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon basil pesto shopping list
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 packag linguine shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine (suitable for drinking) shopping list
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned and debearded shopping list
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil and saute the garlic until it is transparent. (Be careful not to brown or burn it!!!)
- Add tomatoes, oregano, pesto and red pepper flakes to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package directions (I don't like al dente, so I make it a bit softer than that)
- Add wine and mussels to the skillet.
- Cover skillet and increase the heat to high for just about 3-5 minutes or until all the mussels are open.
- Pour over hot pasta, sprinkle with parsley and a squeeze of lemon wedge.
- Garnish with lemon wedge on the top.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- jaie Allentown, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!