Orange Pound Cake With Strawberry Vanilla PureeFrom froggyzan 3 years ago
- 8 eggs, room temperature, separated shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 1/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 c. orange juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 c. grated orange rind shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 qt. strawberries, washed and capped shopping list
- 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 4 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 vanilla bean scraped and steeped in hot water or 1 tbsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 oz heavy cream shopping list
- 4 oz. white chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Butter and flour bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325°. Mix flour, baking soda, 1 1/4 c. sugar, and orange rind. Mix in butter until well blended. Add orange juice and vanilla. Slowly blend in egg yolks. In another bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; slowly add 1 c. sugar and cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form Gently fold into batter. Pour into bundt pan and cut through with knife to prevent air bubbles. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Very important: do not open oven during first hour of baking. When cake tests done, turn off oven and let set for additional fifteen minutes. Turn out of pan and cool.
- Puree strawberries. In a saucepan, combine water, sugar, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil. Add vanilla and strawberries. Cool
- Bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat and melt chocolate.
- I usually serve this dessert in individual slices with the strawberries spooned over cake. If ganache sets up too firmly before it's poured on top of berries, it can be reheated slightly in microwave.
The Cookfroggyzan Kodak, TN
- Not added to any groups yet!