Homemade Chicken Pot PieFrom oliviajasonkim 2 years ago
- •1 lb boneless chicken breasts (or Rotisserie chicken) shopping list
- •1 package Crescent seamless dough sheet (for the crust) shopping list
- •5 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- •1 medium yellow onion, diced small shopping list
- •4 medium carrots, diced small (frozen medley is okay) shopping list
- •5, 6 mushrooms, decapped & thinly sliced shopping list
- •2 garlic cloves, minced (or garlic powder) shopping list
- •1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- •4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- •1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- •1/2 tsp sea salt and ground pepper shopping list
- •3, 4 cups shredded cooked chicken shopping list
- •1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1.If making the crust by hand do the following: In a food processor, pulse together flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons ice water. Pulse until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if necessary, add up to 2 tablespoons ice water); do not overmix. Form dough into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour or overnight (or freeze, up to 1 month).
- 2.If using pre-made dough (like me), on a flat surface add a little flour and unfold dough. After adding chicken mixture into the baking dish and ramekin, cover with dough and cut off excess pieces with scissors. Brush with egg wash on top.
- 3.Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make the filling: In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add flour and stir to coat vegetables. Slowly add broth, whisking constantly until sauce is smooth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in frozen vegetables and chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Pour filling into baking dish.
- 4.Bake until crust is golden brown for about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!