Basic Shepherd's PieFrom BigDealWLC 3 years ago
- 1 pound of extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 diced medium onion and beef broth or 1/2 pack of onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of Valley Selections frozen California mix vegetables shopping list
- 4 large potatoes shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of skim milk shopping list
- 1 tbs of bread crumbs. shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes until soft and ready for mashing. (boil with clove of garlic for garlic mashed potatoes)
- Fry the pound of extra lean ground beef and onion, breaking it into a crumble. You don't have to fully cook the meat at this stage, just get all broken up. If you're using onion soup mix, add half a pack here and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a 12" Corningware dish spread the ground beef on the bottom.
- Layer the frozen vegetables on top of the beef.
- Drain the potatoes (remove garlic clove if you used it), add the skim milk, and mash by hand of using a hand mixer.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes over top of the frozen vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 45 minutes.
The CookBigDealWLC Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!