Le Pollo Campagna (Country Chicken With Gnocchi)From sosousme 1 year ago
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 chicken cut into 8 serving pieces, or 4 leg/thigh combos shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced onion (about a half of an onion) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced carrot shopping list
- 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen) shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence (or more to taste)*see note shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 package gnocchi of potato shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper (you can remove the skin if you like, I like to). In a skillet, heat the oil and butter together, add the chicken and sauté until browned. Once browned, add the onion and garlic; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the carrot, sprinkle all with salt, pepper, herbs de Provence and tarragon. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, add chicken stock, reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes; uncover; add the peas and continue to cook about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add a good pinch of salt.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove to a platter and keep warm. Add the gnocchi to the boiling water, when they rise to the surface, remove with a slotted spoon; add to the sauce in the skillet. Simmer for 2 - 3 minutes, mixing gently with the sauce until well coated. taste; adjust seasons and serve with the chicken.
- Per Serving (with skin): 569 Calories; 35g Fat (9g Sat, 16g Mono, 7g Poly); 45g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 174mg Cholesterol; 712mg Sodium.
- *Note: herbs de Provence is a combination of basil, fennel, lavender, marjoram, rosemary, sage, savory and thyme. You could also use Bouquet Garni.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!