Pork Steak In An Easy Savory SauceFrom singasongof6pans 1 year ago
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil - I use coconut or olive shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional shopping list
- mushrooms, sliced or chopped shopping list
- garlic cloves, sliced or chopped shopping list
- pork steaks, 1 per person shopping list
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- small amount of liquid - broth, water, heavy cream, half and half, etc shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper, salt, herb(s) of choice - I like rosemary with just a smidge of thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add oil. Add sliced onions and cook, stirring every few minutes, until soft. After onions are soft, add mushrooms and garlic. Stir and reduce heat. Add about 1/2 cup of broth and let simmer for a few minutes until the broth is reduced then add white wine.
- While the above is simmering, put pork steaks in broiler and broil until cooked through but not dry.
- Put 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream in a small bow or cup and mix with heavy cream, half and half, broth or water until smooth. Pour into mixture in the pan, stir, and cook until smooth and bubbly. Add freshly ground pepper, salt, and herbs. If you'd like to have the sauce darker, add a small amount of instant coffee and stir well. It won't flavor the sauce but will give it a nice brown color. Remove pan from heat and spoon sauce over cooked pork steaks.
The Cooksingasongof6pans Longview, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!