Date And Apple FlapjacksFrom jocky 4 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 180 C
- Lightly oil a baking tin.
- Put butter or olive oil spread, sugar and honey in a pan and heat gently, stirring occasionally, until butter has melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the porridge oats and cinnamon.
- Put the apples and dates in a seperate pan with two tablespoons of water and cook over a medium heat for 5mins until the apples are soft
- Drain if neccessary and set aside
- Divide the oat mixture in half and press the mixture over the base of the prepared tin.
- Spread the apple and date mixture over the oat layer. Top with the remaining oat mixture, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30 mins until golden brown and firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins then cut into 16 bars and allow to cool.
The Cookjocky London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!