Curried Eggplant-sweet Potato Curry Soup-stewFrom luge161 2 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced in ¼” rounds shopping list
- 6 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- ¼ cup long-grain converted white rice shopping list
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1” chunks shopping list
- 2 fist-size potatoes, unpeeled, cut into ½” chunks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons honey shopping list
- 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder shopping list
- pinch of cayenne shopping list
- 1 ½ cups evaporated skim milk or half and half shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- 2. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place eggplant slices on it in a single layer. Cover tighly with foil and bake until very tender, about 30 minutes. Remove the foil and let cool.
- 3. Roughly chop half of the eggplant, set aside. Place other half into food processor.
- 4. Combine 5 cups of stock with rice in large, heavy stockpot sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. Bring to boil then lower to medium-low and simmer for 25 minutes. Separate rice and stock. Put rice into food processor.
- 5. Put stock back into pot, bring to boil. Add potatoes and sweet potatoes. Return to boil and simmer covered till potatoes are well cooked.
- 6. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until it starts to soften about 3 minutes. Add apple and saute for 1 minute. Stir in tomato, soy sauce, honey, curry powder, and cayenne. Increase heat to medium-high and cook till most liquid is gone. Stir in rest of stock and cook for about a minute. Pour mixture into food processor.
- 7. Turn on food processor till mixture is a thick puree with some chunks.
- 8. Stir puree and reserved eggplant into potato-stock mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in evaporated milk. Cook at a bare simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
The Cookluge161 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!