Microwave Apple PieFrom slugboy123 3 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/4 c. wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 2 T. butter shopping list
- 1/2 c. shortening shopping list
- 3-4 T. cold water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 3 T. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 t. cinnamon shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 4-6 thinly sliced and peeled apples shopping list
- Crumb Topping: shopping list
- 1 c. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. quick oats shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
How to make it
- (You can use white flour, but it will not brown in the microwave, if you do.) Cut the butter and shortening into the flour and salt. Sprinkle with water and mix with a fork until it is moistened. Form into a ball and then it out into a 12-inch circle. Place crust into a microwave-safe dish and flute the edge. Prick the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork about every 1/2 inch. Microwave on high for 5 minutes and then set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix all of the filling ingredients until the apples are evenly coated. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once. When done, place the apple mixture into the pie crust.
- Mix dry ingredients together and cut in the butter. Sprinkle on top of the apples. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Optional topping:
- Drizzle 1/4 c. caramel ice cream topping over the top while it is hot, or serve with vanilla ice creams.
The Cookslugboy123 River Oaks, U.s.a
- Not added to any groups yet!