Peach PieFrom prancer 7 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 2 c. of all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 c. of butter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of salt shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 8 peaches, peeled, 1-inch slices shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice, freshly squeezed shopping list
- 1 tsp. of lemons, rind of, grated shopping list
- 1/2 c. of sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. of all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp milk shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to prepare Crust:
- In your large bowl, combine 2 c. of flour and salt; using pastry blender or two knives, then cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Now Sprinkle 5 to 6 tbsp. of cold water, 1 tbsp. of at a time, over flour mixture; toss with fork to blend lightly but evenly.
- Then take the mixture and form ball, knead gently 2 or 3 times.
- Then you can divide dough in half.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out half dough to 12-in. circle; fit into pie plate; trim, leaving 1-in of overhang.
- Roll out remaining half dough to 12-in circle; using sharp knife cut circle into ten strips, each about 1-in. wide; set aside.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare filling:
- In large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, 1/4 c.,of flour, lemon juice, and grated peel; toss well.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust.
- Arrange reserved strips of dough in the lattice pattern over filling; trim the strips to match lower of crust overhang.
- Dampen overhang lightly with the water; turn up over ends of strips and seal.
- Then Flute the edge decoratively.
- finally brush the lattice strips and edge of crust with milk; bake 50 min. until bubbling and the crust is golden brown.