Chicken Sopas- Filipino StyleFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- butter/oil to cook with shopping list
- 1 medium sized onion, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced shopping list
- 1 cup sausages chopped into roundels (any kind you want) shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups elbow macaroni/ spaghetti broken up shopping list
- 3/4 cup celery stalk, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup cabbage; shredded shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh or evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a cooking pot and put-in the butter. Allow the butter to melt.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until the texture becomes soft.
- Put in the boneless chicken breasts and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper and fish sauce,stir.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Pour-in water and milk and wait to re-boil. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the elbow macaroni and cook for 8 minutes while stirring once in a while.
- Put in the carrots and celery and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and sausages and cook for a cook till the cabbage is wilted.
- Take it off the heat and serve hot.