Shrimp Fried RiceFrom twohot 2 years ago
- 8 ounces small raw shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 stalks green onion, minced shopping list
- 4 cups leftover rice, grains separated well shopping list
- 3/4 cup can peas and carrots, defrosted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1 In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the salt, pepper and cornstarch. Let marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature. Heat a wok or large sauté pan on high heat. When the pan is hot enough for a bead of water to instantly sizzle and evaporate, add just 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil and swirl to coat pan.
- 2 Add the shrimp, quickly spreading out around the cooking surface area so that they are not overlapping. Let fry, untouched for 30 seconds. Flip over and let the other side fry for 30 seconds, or until about 80% cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan onto a plate, leaving as much oil in the pan as possible.
- 3 Turn the heat to medium, let the pan heat up again. Add the eggs, stirring in a quick motion to break up and scramble the eggs. When the eggs are almost cooked through (they should still be slightly runny in the middle), dish out of the pan into the same plate as the cooked shrimp.
- 4 Use paper towels to wipe the same wok or sauté pan clean and return to high heat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, swirling to coat. When the oil is very hot, add the green onions and fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add in the rice and stir well to mix in the green onions throughout. Spread the rice all around the wok surface area and let the rice heat up, untouched until you hear the bottoms of the grains sizzle, about 1-2 minutes. Use the spatula to toss the rice, again spreading the rice out over the surface of wok.
- 5 Drizzle the soy sauce all around the rice and toss. Add the peas and carrots, the cooked eggs, shrimp and sesame oil, tossing to mix the rice evenly with all of the ingredients. Let everything heat back up again, until the rice grains are so hot they practically dance! Taste and add an additional 1 teaspoon of soy sauce if needed.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!