Blackeye Pea CornbreadFrom iamericap 2 years ago
- 1 meatloaf pan shopping list
- Pam non-stick cooking spray shopping list
- Morrison’s Texas Style yellow cornbread mix shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of honey shopping list
- Ranch Style blackeye peas seasoned with bacon shopping list
- Hillshire Farm smoked sausage made with pork, turkey, beef (chopped fairly small) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Spray a meatloaf pan with Pam non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together cornbread mix, egg, milk, and sugar, in a separate bowl.
- Pour into meatloaf pan.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of honey over the cornbread.
- Open the can of blackeye peas, and pour into the bowl that you made your cornbread mix in. (DON'T drain the peas!)
- Chop up sausage (I didn't say how much to use, because that's really up to you, how meaty you want it), and mix with blackeye peas.
- Pour the blackeye peas and sausage mixture down the center of the cornbread, staying away from the sides.
- Bake for about 32 minutes.
- It may look a little strange when it gets done. It almost looks raw in the center, but the edges will be a nice golden brown. It's not really raw in the center... that's just the liquid from the peas bubbling up in the center.
- Serve and enjoy! (Hey, it may be a weird recipe, but it turned out so good, I figured I'd share!)
The Cookiamericap Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!