Chocolate Fudge Brownies From The Palmer House HiltonFrom chelby1969 4 years ago
- 3-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups (4 stickas) unsalted butter, at room temperature,cut into chunks shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking poeder shopping list
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 4 cups chopped walnut pieces shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 325F.
- 2.Melt chocolate and butter in a glass bowl set over simmering water.
- 3.Sift together flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture. Whisk in eggs. Pour into a 12x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle walnuts on top, pressing slightly into batter.
- 4.Bake 40 minutes, or until the edges become slightly crisp and the brownie has risen about 1/4 inch.(Even when the brownie is properly baked, itwill test "gooey" with a toothpick in the center.) Let cool 30 minutes.
- 5.Combine water and preserves in a medium saucepan, whisking well. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil 2 minutes.
- 6.Using a pastry brush, pat glaze over brownies.
- 7.Place brownies in the freezer 3 to 4 hours. Remove from freezer, let stand 10 minutes, and slice.
The Cookchelby1969 Alliance, Ohio
- Not added to any groups yet!