JambalayaFrom monik 1 year ago
- 3 1/2 cups of par boiled rice or rice for risotto shopping list
- 3-4 chicken sausage cut into small circles shopping list
- 250 grams of chicken liver shopping list
- 1 red and 1 green bell pepper cut in julienne cut shopping list
- 1 small carrots julienne cut shopping list
- 1/2 small cup of frozen green peas shopping list
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp soya sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp of red chilly powder shopping list
- 1 whole red chilly shopping list
- 1 medium size onion julienne cut shopping list
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste shopping list
- 2 clove of garlic finely chopped shopping list
- salt n pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- 1 knorr chicken cube shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3-4 whole black pepper shopping list
- 5 cups of hot water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil n stir fry the chicken sausage till turns little red remove n set aside ... now add onion n garlic with bay leaf whole red chilly n black pepper cook for 5 minutes till the onions are soft n aroma starts arising ....
- Now add the vegetables n mix well cook on high flame after 5 minutes add chicken liver n let cook for next 4-6 minutes till it changes color now add chicken sausage knorr chicken cube stir add Worcestershire sauce n soya sauce ... u will notice the sauce of the vegetable n chicken is little thick ... keep stirring n cook on high flame .... now add finely chopped tomato n tomato paste ... add black pepper powder n red chilly powder close the lid n let i cook for at least 5 minutes on high flame
- Mean while wash the rice well ... open the lid stir one more n then add the rice n salt just to taste as soya sauce is a bit do taste before adding salt
- Mix well all the ingredients and add hot water .... stir slowly cover the lid reduce the flame to medium cook for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally ...
- At the end of the time if u see little water in rice its ok just switch off the flame n keep the lid cover ... the rice will soak all the water ....
- Garnish with some cilantro or parsley serve with some shredded cheese if u like ....
- Enjoy !!!!! :-)
- Tip :
- U can always use various type of meat ...
- some people cook meat n shrimp together
- Any left overs can be stored in freezer for months
- There are millions of recipes out there on internet ...
- i prefer this one !!!!
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!