South Indian Prawn CurryFrom aravivel 3 years ago
- prawns (kolambi/jhinga) - 36 medium shopping list
- black peppercorns - 10-12 shopping list
- cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon shopping list
- fenugreek seeds (methi dana) - 1/2 teaspoon shopping list
- Dried red chillies,broken - 8 shopping list
- coconut,scraped - 1 cup shopping list
- oil - 5 tablespoons shopping list
- onions,chopped - 2 medium shopping list
- curry leaves - 10-12 shopping list
- ginger paste - 2 teaspoons shopping list
- garlic paste - 2 teaspoons shopping list
- tomatoes,chopped - 2 medium shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- fresh coriander leaves,chopped - 2 tablespoons shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a non-stick pan and roast black peppercorns, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chillies and coconut till lightly browned.
- Cool and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in another non-stick pan, add onions and sauté.
- Add curry leaves and sauté till the onions are light brown.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste and tomatoes and sauté.
- Add the masala paste and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Add the prawns and salt and stir.
- Cook till the prawns are done.
- Add coriander leaves and stir.
- Serve hot.
The Cookaravivel Chennai, India
- Not added to any groups yet!