Snakey Cinnamon RollsFrom ttaaccoo 1 year ago
How to make it
- Rolled out on lightly floured counter. Cut into about 20 equal sections (used edge of plastic spatula to cut). Rolled each section into 12 inch ropes= snakes.
- Pour the melted butter into a 9 X 13 inch pan. Combine the sugar/cinnamon/cocoa/currants in a wide shallow bowl.
- Taking one snake at a time, let it 'swim ' in the butterlake , flip over, and dip into the shallow bowl contents. I later put many snakes into the lake, and as each one was buttery, into the dry combo, and next I coiled the dough up iwith my fingers and placed in the same pan. Continue until all snakes are dressed and coiled. Cover with saran, and set in a place to double in size. ( I use a cold oven, and add a boiling pot of water --Alton Brown method) After 1 hr, I checked for doubling, and reheated the water . Continued rising another 30 mins.
- Now preheat the oven to 350 or 325 for glass pans. Bake 25 mins and knock on each roll to check the 'hollow sound'. EACH bun needs to be HOLLOW , not most of them.
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!