Pan Steak And Burban OnionsFrom snuglebunnygirl 2 years ago
How to make it
- Marinade the steak in the bourbon
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp of the butter w/ 1 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook. stirring occasionally, until golden, about 15 mins. Transfer the onions to a bowl and set aside.
- Pull steak out of bourbon and set aside bourbon , generously salt and pepper the steak. Add remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the skillet and fry the steak over medium heat, turning once, until browned, about 4 mins per side for medium. Transfer steak to serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add bourbon to skillet and over medium heat scrape up any bits that cling to pan . Allow the liqour to simmer until reduced by 1/2, about 2 mins. Add the onions and remaining 2 tbsp of butter and stir until the butter is melted. Reduce the heat and gently simmer until the onions are heated through, about 2 mins. Season to taste w/ salt and pepper and stir any juices that have run off from the steak.
- To serve cut the steak into 1/2 inch think slices and top w/ onions
The Cooksnuglebunnygirl Phoenix, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!