Ris à La Malta ( Jonsson All Time Favorite)From phwriter11 4 years ago
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 cup short-grained, glutinous rice (I like to use Jasmine because of its added sweetness; pearl rice also works well) shopping list
- 2 cups full cream milk. ( I use 1:2 ratio, 1c rice to 2 c milk) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream ( I use one tetra brick of all purpose cream) shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stck shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar to taste (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Melt butter in small pot in low fire.
- 2.Put glutinuous rice. Stir ocassionally to coat rice with butter and avoid rice from sticking in bottom of pot.
- 3. Pour 1/2 cup milk, pinch of salt and sprinkle cinnamon powder. You can add sugar if you prefer sweeter porridge. (Cinnamon gives your porridge a nice aroma and brownish color)
- 4.Let it simmer over low fire, stirring occassionally to avoid porridge from becoming lumpy.
- 5. When rice is halfcooked, pour in remaining milk and continue stirring. let simmer for another 5 minutes
- 6.Then pour in cream, stir and simmer until rice is cooked. ( You may notice some sticky rice forming in bottom of your pot. No worries it happens. DO not stir too much so the sticky rice in bottom will not mix with your porridge.)
- 7. Serve warm or cold. Best with sliced fruits, berries or bacon bits.
- ** you can add more milk if you prefer thinner consistency.
- *** you can skip the sugar if you prefer a less sweeter porridge
The Cookphwriter11 MNL, Stockholm
- Not added to any groups yet!