Stuffed Chicken ThighsFrom mrsbolettieri 4 years ago
- 4 boneless chicken thighs pounded thin shopping list
- 2-3 slices of bacon cooked and chopped shopping list
- 1-2 shitake mushrooms chopped (any mushroom will do) shopping list
- 1/2 cup (approx) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 egg beaten with 2 Tbsp water for egg wash shopping list
- 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes shopping list
- parmesan cheese for dusting shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- toothpicks soaked in water shopping list
How to make it
- brush olive oil in a baking pan and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place each chicken thigh on plastic cutting board and dust with salt,pepper, and garlic powder.
- Layer mushrooms, bacon, and cheese in the center of the chicken.
- Fold the chicken together making a pocket, and secure with toothpicks.
- Salt and pepper the chicken pockets, and dredge in flour.
- Dip each chicken pocket in the egg wash and then in the cornflakes.
- Place each chicken pocket in the baking dish and sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for at least 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. (baking time wil vary on how thin you pound the chicken and how much filling you put in.)
- Make sure you take out all toothpicks before serving! I serve with whole grain pesto pasta and some sauteed green beans with garlic.
The Cookmrsbolettieri Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!