Rice Cooker Marinara PastaFrom sckewer 4 years ago
- 1 cup small noodles such as macaroni, penne, rotini, bow ties, etc. I used macaroni, because that's what I had around, a penne in particular looks like it might be less dense within a cup, so you might have to tweak the ratios. shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 8 leaves basil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato shopping list
- salt pepper to taste shopping list
- a pad of butter shopping list
How to make it
- I lied this isn't all in the rice cooker. First melt the butter over medium heat, and cook the garlic until aromatic.
- Mix the garlic butter with the noodles, in the rice cooker, to keep them from sticking to the bottom of the rice cooker.
- Add the tomatos and 4 leaves of basil to the noodles and butter, add tomato juice and water. Check if the tomato juice is high or low in sodium, if low you might want to add a bit of salt.
- Activate rice cooker.
- Forget about it for up to three hours. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Plate, and tear the remaining basil over the top of the pasta. The pasta should be el dente, if not add less water next time around.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sckewer Guelph, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksckewer Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!