Beef StewFrom cinnamongal 3 years ago
- 1 3/4 pounds stew beef (or chuck or round beef, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks) shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, diced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups boiling water (depending on how thick you want your stew) shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced or crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce (I used Lea & Perrins®) shopping list
- 3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 (1-pound) bag of baby carrots that are peeled and ready to use–cut each baby carrot in half OR use 12 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
How to make it
- If you are cutting your own chunks of meat, trim excess fat from meat first, then cut into chunks.
- Combine four, pepper, and salt in a large ziploc bag; add chunks of meat; shake until pieces are coated.
- Add canola oil to Dutch Oven over medium heat; add meat chunks and brown on all sides.
- Add diced onion and garlic, then boiling water, canned tomatoes, and Worcestershire Sauce. Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and peas, and simmer for another hour or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- *Can also be cooked in a slow cooker.
The Cookcinnamongal Mequon, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!