Eggplant ParmigianaFrom sjbenoist 1 year ago
- 9" - 10" eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 2 Cups Marinara, thick shopping list
- 4 Teaspoons basil shopping list
- 1 Cup shredded, or 8 1/8 inch slices Mozzarella shopping list
- 8 Teaspoons Parmesan shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons bread Crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Arrange eggplant on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven for approximately 13 minutes, or until slices are a nice brown.
- Remove and reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- Arrange half the slices in a high-sided baking dish. Apply 1/4 cup marinara to each slice in the dish, then sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon Basil. Cover each slice in dish with 2 tablespoons of Mozzarella (or one 1/8 inch slice). Top each slice in dish with 1 teaspoon Parmesan. Place the remaining slices on top (like building a sandwich) and repeat the above steps for each slice.
- Top each medallion with 1/2 tablespoon bread crumbs.
- Place in oven uncovered for about 20 minutes.
The Cooksjbenoist Saint Charles, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!