Tomato PieFrom tuilelaith 1 year ago
- 1 deep dish pie shell (I used a bought one, can make your own) shopping list
- tomatoes, (about 3 cups if using chopped tomatoes) sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup, chopped green onions (can use regular chopped onions) shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- Shredded cheese (about 1 1/2 cups of your choice) I used shredded parmesan, swiss, and mexican 1/2 cup of each shopping list
- ~ ~ ~ shopping list
- NOTE TO SELF: I will be using italian seasoning, and olive oil mayo. Probably be using turkey bacon or soy bacon. I also think I shall use pepper jack, swiss, and provolone cheeses. shopping list
- Darn this sounds so good! shopping list
How to make it
- Cook empty pie crust for about 10 minutes in 400 degree oven.
- Be sure to punch holes in the bottom of the crust.
- Remove from oven and add a layer of cheese, onion, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
- Continue layering until ingredients are gone except for 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Mix together the crumbled bacon, mayo, and cheese and spread on top of the pie.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese if you want.
- Cook in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- (Note: I chopped my tomatoes and let them drain in a colander for at least 30 minutes before adding to pie)
- Most people slice the tomatoes.
- Don’t go overboard on the mayo and try to use firm tomatoes.
- You don’t want the pie to be juicy.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- NOTE: So what do I serve with this as a side dish to add color to the plate for the kids, something green I think. Maybe Cabbage boiled in chicken broth!!!! Yummmm.... Cabbage eats away at yourfat so we eat a lot of it, so good for us who need to lose the weight...
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!