Apple Pie Baked In The AppleFrom tuilelaith 2 years ago
- 6 granny smith apples shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- (I would add nutmeg and or cinnamon also) shopping list
- 1 pie crust or apple crisp crumb topping shopping list
- ======================= shopping list
- CRISP CRUMB TOPPING: shopping list
- 1/4 c. butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 c. quick cooking oatmeal shopping list
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Cut off the top of 4 apples off and discard.
- Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon very carefully, as to not puncture the peel.
- Remove skin from 2 additional apples and slice very thinly.
- These apple pieces will give you filling needed to fill the four apples you are baking.
- Mix sliced apples with sugars and cinnamon in a bowl.
- If you prefer more or less cinnamon and sugar, make adjustments as desired.
- Scoop sliced apples into hollow apples.
- Roll out pie crust and slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- You can also add a strip of pastry inside the top of the apple almost like a liner to add a little more texture/sweetness to the pie.
- Cover the top of the apple in a lattice pattern with pie crust strips.
- Place apples in an 8×8 pan.
- Add just enough water to the cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft.
- CRISP CRUMB TOPPING (instead of pie crust):
- Cut butter into oatmeal, flour, sugars, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of apples.
- NOTE: Also I think I will be wrapping the bottoms in aluminum foil about a 1/4 of the way up and baking on a rack over the water, to keep them from getting soggy.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!