Caramel Apple CrumbleFrom tuilelaith 1 year ago
- 2 golden delicious apples shopping list
- 4 small (or 2 large) granny smith apples shopping list
- 1/8 cup fruit juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup loosely packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 12 soft caramel candies shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup tightly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ shopping list
- To prepare the crumble topping, stir together shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick rolled oats, shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour, shopping list
- 1/3 cup tightly packed light brown sugar, and shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger. shopping list
- Slice 1/3 cup butter and add to bowl, then cut it in with a butter cutter until the mixture is loose and crumbly. shopping list
How to make it
- Slice and core the apples, mixing the types together.
- Pour the fruit juice into a large pot.
- Put about a third of the apple slices into the pot.
- Sprinkle with half the lightly packed brown sugar and dot with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add more apples and the remaining brown sugar and butter, and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.
- Turn the heat on Low and simmer for a while.
- Stir apples occasionally, until they start to soften.
- The Golden Delicious will pretty much turn to mush, binding together the slices of Granny Smith.
- This takes about an hour or two, depending on the heat and the apples.
- Meanwhile, cut the soft caramels into quarters.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- Spray a ceramic or glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Spoon in about a third of the apples and spread them on the bottom.
- Top with half the caramel pieces.
- Spoon in another third of the apples; top with the remaining caramel pieces.
- Spoon in the remaining apples and spread them smooth.
- Use another spoon to sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the top of the apple filling.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until filling is bubbly and topping melds into a lightly golden crust. Serve hot.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!