Pizza PastaFrom Hollygreatrex 3 years ago
- 1/2 box (225 g) of penne pasta shopping list
- 1 pound (454 g) of spicy pepperoni, chopped in 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 4 pints or so (2 L) of cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 2 large onions cut in 8’s shopping list
- 1 head of garlic cloves, peeled and halved shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) or so of dried oregano shopping list
- 4 ounces (250 g) of cream cheese shopping list
- A sprinkle or two of salt and lots of freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3 cups (750 ml) or so of mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat your oven to 400F (200C).Toss pepperoni, tomatoes, onions, garlic, oregano and olive oil in a large bowl. Turn into a 9- X 13-inch (3.5L) ovenproof casserole or baking dish. After 30 minutes or so stir the works once or twice then keep an eye on things. Bake until the tomatoes soften and the pepperoni and onion lightly brown, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and set to broil.
- 2.Meanwhile cook your pasta in lots of boiling salted water. Drain it well but do not rinse or you’ll drain away the surface starch that helps the sauce cling to it. When the roast tomato sauce has finished cooking toss it with the pasta and stir in the cream cheese. Top with the mozzarella. Broil until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly, about 5 minutes or so. Your hearty pizza pasta is ready! Call in the gang, serve and share.
- 3.Freestyle Twist: It’s as easy to twist this recipe as it is to top a pizza to suit your crowd. Any tomato variety will work and feel free to toss in some black olives, artichoke hearts or assorted mushrooms.