Coconut, Fruit, And Nut Oatmeal Cookies (optionally With Curry!)From wizzrea 2 years ago
- 4 oz unsalted butter (114 grams) (You could probably use an equivalent of coconut oil) shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (120 grams) shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (50 grams) - I sometimes add 2 tbsp of maple syrup instead shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk, soy, almond, or coconut milk work too (15 ml) shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (5 ml) shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour (110 grams) (sometimes I replace this with 1/4c coconut flour) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda (2 ml) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. curry powder, the kind with no garlic (15 ml) (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (if you’re using salted butter, skip this) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (120 grams) shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (40 grams) shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, curry powder, and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until they are almost fully mixed in. Add the oats, chocolate and coconut and stir until everything is fully blended.
- Shape dough into golf ball size balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.