Pasta With Tomato N Basil SauceFrom monik 4 years ago
- 500 gm of cooked pasta any kind ( i had spaghetti angel's hair) shopping list
- 3 or 4 large tomatoes peeled n chopped shopping list
- a bunch of basil shopping list
- 2-4 garlic cloves ( as per your taste ) shopping list
- 1 small onion roughly chopped ( opt ) shopping list
- 3tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- salt n pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp of red chilly powder or 2 whole chillies (opt ) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta as per instruction on the packet
- While pasta is cooking heat the oil in a pan add garlic n let turn brown ... this way it gives flavor to oil ... add chopped onions ( i love the onion garlic so i have added in the recipe ) its totally up to u
- Saute the onions n add roughly chopped tomatoes cook it on a high heat till the they soft n cooked ... if its seems till dry sprinkle few drops of water to get the gravy add sugar salt n pepper for seasoning ....At this stage i add red chilly powder or whole red chilly as i love a little spicy but again its totally up to u :) Turn off the heat then add basil... stir well
- your salsa is ready add directly on warm cooked pasta n serve with some cheese
- Enjoy !!!!
- Basically this recipe is made with cherry tomatoes i find it a bit expensive so i always make it with whatever is available in my kitchen ... i grow my own basil in the flower pot .... u can buy from super market ..
- Basil with large leaves are good for this recipe but if u don't find it n some other type of basil is available its totally fine !!!!!
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!