Crab Apple JellyFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
How to make it
- In large pot, bring the crab apples and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until very soft - about 30 minutes.
- Crush roughly with a potato masher.
- Pour into a cheesecloth-lined strainer set over a large bowl and let drain 6-8 hours in the fridge.
- Pour juice into a clean pot and boil until reduced to about 5 cups.
- Add sugar and return to a boil.
- Cook, stirring often and skimming off foam, for 18-20 minutes - until jelly gels on a cold plate.
- Ladle into jars and process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes (1/2 pints or pints)
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!