Mashed Pinto, Manchego, And Steak TacosFrom tuilelaith 3 years ago
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- olive oil spray shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2/3 cup chicken broth (I used 99% fat-free.) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp coriander shopping list
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thinly shopping list
- 6 oz beef, flank or skirt steak would work well shopping list
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning (Just use your favorite kind.) shopping list
- 8 corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 oz manchego cheese, shredded or grated shopping list
- 3 scallions, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion in a heavy skillet until tender.
- Stir in the garlic until fragrant, and then the chicken broth, cumin, beans, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a light boil and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Begin to sauté peppers in a second skillet.
- As the bean mixture is cooking, cook the beef in a third skillet (or grill pan if you have one), seasoning somewhat aggressively with steak seasoning.
- Set your oven to 275 degrees and place the corn tortillas inside to warm them slightly.
- Use a potato masher to press down on the beans, and mash to your desired consistency.
- If necessary add more broth, or simmer longer to remove moisture.
- When the beef has finished cooking, remove it from the skillet and chop it very finely.
- Remove tortillas from the oven, fill with beef, re-fried beans, sauteed peppers and onions, and top with the Manchego cheese and sliced scallions.
- Servings ~ 4 (two tacos per serving)Calories (per serving) ~ 387, Fat ~ 21 g, Carbohydrates ~ 38 g, Protein ~ 20 g
- Calories (per taco) ~ 194, Fat ~ 11 g, Carbohydrates ~ 19 g, Protein ~ 10g
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!