Pork & Pepper CasseroleFrom oldinjun 1 year ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 lbs of lean pork cut into bite size cubes (2 in by 2 in) shopping list
- 3 tablespoon of flour shopping list
- 8 tablespoons of olive oil for frying shopping list
- 2 large onions cut into large chunks shopping list
- 10 cloves of garlic chopped fine shopping list
- 6 inch piece of fresh ginger root grated shopping list
- 6 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 32 fl of chicken stock shopping list
- 16 oz can of pineapple chopped into chunks. If you have fresh pineapples use that. shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce shopping list
- 1 red pepper seeds removed and sliced shopping list
- 1 green pepper seeds removed and sliced shopping list
- 1 yellow pepper seeds removed and sliced shopping list
- 4 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 10 spring (green) onions washed and sliced to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Toss the pork pieces in the flour inside a plastic bag
- Put half the oil in a non-stick frying pan, heat and fry the onion garlic and ginger on a medium heat, watch that the garlic does not burn for about 5 minutes.
- Add these to the large oven proof casserole dish or Le Creuset pot.
- Add more oil to the non-stick frying pan and fry the pork till it is brown on all sides. Add this to the casserole dish or Le Creuset pot.
- Add all the other ingredients to the casserole dish or Le Creuset pot and stir well.
- The stock should come to the top of the casserole ingredients. If it seems a bit dry add a spot more stock or water.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil or the Le Creuset with a lid.
- Cook for 2 ½ hours at 375F in the middle of the oven.
- Before serving add salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Top with chopped green onions
- Serve over mashed potatoes, or rice.
The Cookoldinjun Pembroke Pines, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!