Pesto Spinach Chicken LasagnaFrom mandymoore 2 years ago
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles shopping list
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 c. onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 1.5 cups of cooked diced chicken breast meat shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 c. ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ¾ c. pesto + 1 Tbsp. shopping list
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- 2. Spray 8×8 glass pan with cooking spray
- 3. Cook lasagna according to package (8-10 min. for whole wheat). Rinse with cold water and pat dry
- 4. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat – place onions and garlic until transparaent. Add spinach; cook and stir for around 5 minutes. Add chicken and stirl about 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. In large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, egg, pesto, and parmesan cheese until blended. Add chicken and spinach mixture to bowl and stir to combine.
- 6. Spread 1 Tbsp. pesto at the bottom of the pan
- 7. Layer lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping. Top with one half of the spinach ricotta mixture and one third of the mozzarella. Repeat layers.
- 8. Bake about 35-40 minute or until hot and bubbly.
- I found this recipe months ago on the internet, unfortunately I can not remember the website. I made this for dinner tonight and OMG! It is absolutely AMAZING! I loved it and even my picky 6 yr old DD asked for seconds!
- Note: I think next time I make this I will use eggplant instead of lasagna noodle, will let you know. How it turns out.