Chicken & Dumpling CasseroleFrom kathijo1230 2 years ago
- ¼ cup butter shopping list
- ½ cup Chopped onion shopping list
- ½ cup Chopped celery shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- ½ cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon, sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon or to taste shopping list
- 1 (9 ounce) bag frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- 4 cups cooked chicken shopping list
- 2 cups biscuit mix (such as Bisquick) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 2/3 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and sauté onion, celery and garlic until soft.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, pepper and basil.
- Mix until flour is mixed in well.
- Add broth and bring to a boil, stirring until mixture is blended and thickened.
- Add bouillon and stir. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Stir in chicken and peas.
- Pour mixture into a 13x9x2” glass baking dish.
- If you are making the dish ahead of time it can be covered and refrigerated at this point.
- 1 hour before you wish to serve, make dumplings by combining dumpling ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Drop 2-3 Tablespoons of dumpling mixture on top of casserole in approximately 12 separate mounds.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30-45 minutes (bake for the longer time if mixture has been refrigerated).
- Cover with foil if necessary (so dumplings don’t get too brown) and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until casserole is hot and bubbly.
The Cookkathijo1230 Kissimmee, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!