Mochi With Nutella Strawberry FillingFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 120 g nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 20 g sweetened hot cocoa drink mix shopping list
- 6 strawberries shopping list
- 1 cup sweet rice flour shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2-3 drops red food colouring (optional) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch or potato starch, for rolling shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, beat together Nutella, salt, cocoa powder, and hot cocoa mix until thick and doughy.
- Form paste around each strawberry, rolling the berries between your palms to smooth.
- Place on a parchment or wax paper lined sheet and freeze until solid, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix sweet rice flour, water, food colouring and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 3 1/2 minutes.
- Stir mixture and heat for another 30 seconds. See Photo
- Place cornstarch in a 8" square pan, evenly coating the bottom.
- Remove the rice dough from the microwave and scrape into the cornstarch. Dust with a little extra cornstarch and divide into 6 pieces.
- Roll balls from the dough and flatten each to a thin layer.
- Place 1 frozen Nutella-strawberry ball in the center of each, then pinch the mochi over top until the filling is completely covered.
- Place seam side down in paper muffin liners to prevent sticking.
- These are best served within 2 days of making but can be frozen in an airtight container up to 4 months.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth448 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Original Recipes143 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
All Holidays135 members