Salmon PieFrom yadayadayada 2 years ago
- 5 medium boiling potatoes, like yukon gold shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 medium onions shopping list
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) cans sockeye salmon shopping list
- 1 eggs shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 pastry for double crust 10 inch pie shopping list
How to make it
- Wash, peel and half potatoes. Place in a 3 quart saucepan, barely cover the potatoes with water, place cover on the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, clean the canned salmon by removing any bones and skin. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the juice from the salmon. Mince onion very fine and prepare pie plate by placing bottom crust in plate.
- When the potatoes are done, drain water from the pan, add the butter, onion, ginger and the reserved juice from the salmon. Mash well, then use electric hand mixer if preferred. Add cleaned salmon, beat well then finally add the egg beating one last time.
- Transfer filling to prepared pie plate, cover with top crust. Cut 5 or 6 vent holes in the top of the crust. If desired, pat top crust with half and half or butter. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 50-60 minutes. Enjoy!
The Cookyadayadayada Jacksonville, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!