Chicken FricaseeFrom aquatonex 3 years ago
Meatballs1-1.5 lb of lean ground meat (90%) (can sub out to ground turkey, NOT LEAN)
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 seasoned breadcrumbs (or more like 1/3-1/2 if you are using turkey) shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp dried chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 packages chicken thighs (10-12 thighs, skinless but NOT boneless preferred) shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika (or more if you like paprika) shopping list
- black pepper, to taste shopping list
- hot paprika or cayenne, to taste (optional) shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium.
- Add first 7 ingredients to a large bowl. Combine with hands and form meatballs (3-inches, medium sized).
- Add meatballs to pot.
- Brown meatballs on all sides (10 minutes). Do not cook them through.
- Remove meatballs to a dish, do not drain pot.
- In the same pot, add the chopped onion.
- Sweat the onions, taking care not to brown or burn them.
- Add chicken, meatballs, paprika, black pepper, and the hot pepper to pot.
- Add chicken stock.
- Add enough water to cover all the chicken and meatballs.
- Bring to boil on high, then lower to medium/low and cover for 1.5 hours (or until the chicken is done, it can be cooked for longer if you like your chicken extra stewed).
The Cookaquatonex Huntington, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!