Mustard, Honey, And Beer Roast Pork Loin With Strawberry SauceFrom aquatonex 3 years ago
pork and Marinade
- 1 2-pound pork loin, trimmed shopping list
- 1 cup pale ale or amber beer shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 olive oil shopping list
- 2 tsp Penzey's bavarian seasoning (dried brown mustard, rosemary, thyme, garlic, bay leaf, and sage shopping list
- 2 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 6 tbsp honey shopping list
- 2 tbsp milk shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries, cleaned and chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all Marinade ingredients together in a bowl (except for milk and cornstarch).
- Add pork to a large ziplock bag (gallon size).
- Add marinade to porky bag.
- Marinate overnight in fridge.
Cooking the Pork
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Preheat large oven safe saute pan on stove (medium).
- Remove pork loin from bag, do NOT throw out marinade.
- Brown pork loin in saute pan.
- Place pan in oven and bake for around 55 minutes (or until center is 155 degrees F).
- Let sit for 10 minutes before carving.
- In a small sauce pan, dump your marinade from the porky bag.
- Bring to boil on medium-high.
- Spoon a little sauce into a small bowl, add the cornstarch to bowl and combine.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the pot.
- Add milk, simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add salt, rosemary, and peppers.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and chicken broth, stirring until smooth. Add it to the strawberry mixture, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and let cool. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
The Cookaquatonex Huntington, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!