Turkey Meatballs In Mushroom SauceFrom aquatonex 3 years ago
- 1 lb ground turkey (not lean) shopping list
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (add more or less for texture) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (or more to taste) shopping list
- 2 tbsps olive oil shopping list
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1.5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup marsala wine shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp herbes de provence shopping list
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch or flour shopping list
- fresh parsley shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients for the meatballs (except for olive oil) in a large bowl. Form balls with hands, adding breadcrumbs as needed.
- Add olive oil to large heated pan.
- Brown meatballs, do not cook through.
- Reserve meatballs in a dish. Do not drain pan.
- Into previous pan, on medium, add onion and garlic (with a little more oil if needed).
- Saute until onion just starts to become translucent.
- Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, and herbes de provence. Cook until mushrooms are done, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add stock. marsala, tomato paste, and lemon juice. Bring to boil on medium-high.
- Lower to medium-low after boiling is reached. Add meatballs.
- Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Add butter, mix.
- Temper cornstarch in separate bowl with marsala sauce, and add mixture to pan. Mix to incorporate.
- Uncovered, cook until sauce thickened to liking,
- Add fresh parsley, if using.
- Serve on top of pasta.
The Cookaquatonex Huntington, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!