Apple Snickerdoodle CobblerFrom slugboy123 3 years ago
- cookie ingredients: shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2/3C flour shopping list
- 1/4C unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3C sugar, plus 1/2C shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- apple ingredients: shopping list
- 8C apples (roughly 6-8 apples depending on their size) shopping list
- 1/4C brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine first four dry ingredients for the cookie dough. In a separate bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar. Add egg followed by premixed dry ingredients. Mix until dry ingredients are blended into the dough well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine 3/4 teaspoon and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Peel, core and slice apples. Add to brown sugar and cinnamon mixture, tossing to coat. Transfer apples to an 8×8 baking dish.
- Form 1 inch balls of dough and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place coated dough balls on top of apples, press down lightly to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until apples are tender and cookie topping is lightly golden.
- Allow to cool slightly prior to serving. Serve with optional whipped cream or ice cream. May be stored chilled for several days.
The Cookslugboy123 River Oaks, U.s.a
- Not added to any groups yet!