Orecchiette With Pesto, Broad Beans And Italian SausageFrom TalesoftheKitchen 2 years ago
- 200 gr orecchiette shopping list
- 100 gr spaghetti no3 (broken into 4 pieces) shopping list
- 300 gr pesto (cheese free) shopping list
- 400 gr broad beans (uncooked) shopping list
- 1 italian sausage (sliced) shopping list
- 1 shallot (finely chopped) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced) shopping list
- 1 TBSP olive oil for cooking shopping list
- pecorino cheese, to serve shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- First, add the broad beans to salted boiling water and cook them until tender. Drain them and remove the outer greyish skin. While the beans are draining, add the orecchiette to salted boiling water as well and cook them al dente, as per package. Take them out and drain them.
- Cook the onion and the sausage, stirring, until the onion changes color. Add the garlic and cook for few seconds. Mix in the pasta, the broad beans and the pesto and toss to coat everything in everything.
- This dish is abundant in great mild flavors so there is no need to add much else. Serve with some grated Pecorino cheese, a splash of olive oil and generous amounts of freshly ground black pepper.
- Follow all my recipes at http://talesofthekitchen.wordpress.com/
The CookTalesoftheKitchen WA, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!