Turkey MeatloafFrom Adorkable 2 years ago
- 1 lb ground turkey shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped* shopping list
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced. shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp ketchup shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-fat shredded cheddar shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (topping) shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup (topping) shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard (topping) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add in your chopped onion/onion powder, green bell pepper, and garlic.
- Saute! This should only take about 3 minutes, you'll be looking for the onions to become translucent, fragrant, and fairly soft overall.
- Allow it to cool off before continuing.
- Once your mixture has cooled off combine it with cheese, egg, pepper, salt, ketchup, italian seasoning and seasoned breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Afterwards, crumble your ground turkey over the mix and blend well (I use my hands).
- Coat an 8x4 loaf pan with cooking spray, and pack your mix within it.
- Bake it for approximately 35 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the three topping ingredients: ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard.
- Spread the topping mix over the loaf and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 slices, 2 slices per serving.
The CookAdorkable North Wales, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!