Cinnamon Pork CutletsFrom cinnamon007 4 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- ■1 lb. minced pork (without fat) shopping list
- ■2 lbs potato shopping list
- ■1 Ceylon cinnamon stick shopping list
- ■2 tsp. cinnamon sugar shopping list
- ■1 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- ■1 tsp. crushed fresh ginger shopping list
- ■2 tsp. cayenne pepper (or chili powder) shopping list
- ■1 tbsp. salt shopping list
- ■1 tbsp. crushed garlic shopping list
- ■1 onion cut into very small cubes shopping list
- ■2 eggs whites shopping list
- ■bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- PART A – (30 minutes)
- ■Peel the potatoes and boil with the lid closed for 20 minutes
- ■Remove from water and let the potato drain well
- PART B (5 Minutes)
- ■In a small bowl, separate two eggs from their yolk
- ■Add one tbsp. of water and beat the egg whites and set aside
- ■Get a sloping dinner plate and spread the bread crumbs
- PART C (25 minutes)
- ■Add 2 teaspoon of olive oil into a pan, let it heat on medium heat and then put in the minced pork after 3 minutes
- ■Add Cinnamon stick, Cinnamon sugar, Dijon mustard, fresh ginger,Cayenne pepper, salt,crushed garlic.
- ■Cook on medium until the ground pork is well cooked. About 10-15 minutes depending on your pan and how much you stir
- PART C – (15 Minutes) See Photo
- ■Using your hand, grab some of the mince pork & potatoes mixture and make it into small ball in the palm of your hand. (Clean hands please)
- ■Dip the ball in the egg whites
- ■Roll the minced ball in the bread crumbs
- PART D – (30 Minutes) See Photo
- ■Heat half cup of olive oil on medium (Takes about 5-8 minutes to this)
- ■Add the breaded cutlet (the oil should cover about 1/3 of the cutlet)
- ■Let it fry for about 2 minutes
- ■Turn it over and let it fry for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve the pork cutlets with Ketchup or far better with Mrs. Balls Chutney, a South Africa chutney that is just superb. If you want you can add some extra chili to make this cutlet a bit hot and then compliment it with a glass of Cinnamon Tea with sugar or honey. The hotness of the cutlet and sweetness of the Cinnamon Tea creates a wonderful taste sensation.
- Note: Ideally you want to use a mini deep fryer for this. That way the cutlets fry perfectly with a lovely golden brown color and burning scraps of bread crumbs from the previous batch won’t stick to the cutlet. I found this deep fryer from Cuisinart which look pretty good.
The Cookcinnamon007 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!