Butterscotch Apple Pie FillingFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups water, divided shopping list
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- pinch nutmeg shopping list
- pinch ginger shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp Scotch shopping list
- 5 small (or 4 medium) firm "pie" apples (like Northern Spy, Jonagold or Mutsu) peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar and 1/4 cup water in a large saucepan. Place over high heat and cook 8 minutes.
- Combine the tapioca starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and remaining water and add to the saucepan, stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Scotch and the apples.
- Process in a hot water bath for 30 minutes, or freeze up to 4 months.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!