How To Make Tahini PasteFrom twohot 3 years ago
How to make it
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds over low heat about ten minutes, stirring often, don’t worry about getting a lot of color on them, like you would if toasting nuts. They’re fragile and burn easily, so watch them carefully.
- Allow to cool off and then add them to the bowl of a food processor along with a 2 tablespoons of oil to start. You can also use a mortar and pestle.
- Pulse until a paste forms, scraping down sides as needed and adding more olive oil to reach a consistency you like.
- The homemade tahini will have a rougher texture than store-bought and may even be stronger in flavor. The reason being is the store-bought version uses hulled sesame seeds making for a smoother tahini. If you can, buy sesame seeds that are not hulled as they are more nutritious.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!