Carrot Lentil SoupFrom twohot 2 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil shopping list
- 3 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced gingerroot shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) peppe shopping list
- 6 cups (1.5 L) vegetable stock or chicken stock shopping list
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) red lentils shopping list
- Garnish shopping list
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh coriander or parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain low-fat yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook carrots, onions, garlic, ginger, cumin, salt and pepper, stirring often, until onions are softened, 5 minutes.
- Add stock and lentils; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots and lent. are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In batches, transfer lentil mixture to blender or food processor; pur?until smooth. Return to pan and heat through.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Stir coriander into yogurt; swirl or dollop onto each serving.
- Nutritional Info
- Per serving: about -
- cal 248
- pro 13 g
- total fat 6 g
- sat. fat 1 g
- carb 38 g
- fibre 7 g
- chol 2 mg
- sodium 1,292 mg
- % RDI: -
- calcium 11
- iron 31
- vit A 137
- vit C 10
- folate 95
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!