Celery Root - Mashed Potatoes With Roasted HazelnutsFrom PongoUSA 3 years ago
- 2 pounds celery root, peeled, cut into 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2/3 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoon good-quality hazelnut or walnut oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Place celery root and potatoes in a large heavy pot. Add cold water to cover; season with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer until vegetables can be pierced with a fork, 20-25 minutes. Drain vegetables well. Mash with a potato masher, until very smooth.
- Meanwhile, bring cream and milk just to a simmer in a medium saucepan; remove from heat. Stir vegetable purée constantly over medium-low heat until excess moisture evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Stir butter into purée a few pieces at a time, blending between additions. Remove from heat; slowly fold in cream mixture until a smooth purée forms. Mix in 1 tb walnut oil and 1/2 of the hazelnuts, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put into a serving bowl. Drizzle with remaining oil; scatter hazelnuts over.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!