Beets With Their Greens And AioliFrom PongoUSA 3 years ago
- 6 small (not baby) beets with greens attached shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- 1 tablesp. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced shopping list
- 1 teasp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature shopping list
- 3 tablesp. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup Mild olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut greens off beets, leaving 2" of the stalks attached to beets. Wash greens and beets and set aside separately.
- 2. Roast beets in oven, wrapped tightly in tin foil, until soft, about 1 hour. Unwrap beets and set aside to cool, then peel.
- Meanwhile, cook beet greens in a medium pot of boiling salted water over high heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, squeezing out excess water, and put into a bowl. Toss with extra-virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- 4. To make the aïoli, put all ingredients in a tall blender jar. Using your immersion blender, mix for 30 sec,leaving the blender on the bottom of the jar, than slowly pull it, still running, up. Go up and down a couple times, slowly, and your done. Adjust seasonings.
- 5. To serve, spoon some of the aïoli onto 4 small plates, then divide greens and beets between plates, putting greens on top of aïoli and beets on top of greens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with some fresh, crusty bread on the side
People Who Like This Dish 0
- PongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!